Well I just saw the premiere of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie yesterday. Now some of you know i'm big on the Heroes In A Half-Shell and I couldn't pass this shit up. This is gonna come as a shock to you guys...i'm not gonna lie to you.
I didn't hate it. In fact, it was rather enjoyable. Maybe its cause it wasn't directed by Michael Bay but produced by him. It was directed by someone else. This made me somewhat happy. So I buckled up for the ride. And for the record, despite what my buddies say about her, I don't mind Megan Fox. Let that be known right now.
WARNING: POSSIBLE SPOILERS AHEAD
Now even though I liked this movie there are some flaws in it that I must point out. Onto Pros and Cons!
1. Brought back some retro characters from the TV show.
2. Pretty cool character design for the Turtles. (Didn't care about the lips)
3. Shredder was portrayed well. He wasn't Americanized!
4. Splinter kicks ass! That tail is not to be fucked with.
5. Nice humor. I thought it was pretty funny anyway. The audience LOVED the elevator scene.
6. Shredder says the thing! "Tonight I will dine on turtle soup!"
7. The movie didn't get the Bay treatment. No explosions every few seconds and little storyline.
8. Raphael proves that he's the baddest green motherfucker in New York. There's a reason he was the leader before Leo.
1. They changed the origin around a bit. I'm not gonna say how cause I don't wanna spoil it too much for anyone. Though I might be wrong guys. But they did get the mutagen part right.
2. The humor could have been better. Mikey is a bit too obsessed over April. Well in all fairness its the first woman he's ever seen outside the sewers but it was still a bit overplayed.
3. Why didn't they make Vernon a total jerk like in the cartoon? That would have been cool. And maybe near the end he admits defeat and stops being a jerk? That would have been good character development that I think they could have banked on.
4. Why aren't the Foot Clan badass ninjas? Instead they all look like international terrorists. I wanted ninjas fighting ninjas. But then again ninjas don't hold people hostage or use guns. And why are they known by EVERYONE in New York? They're supposed to be secret! This is something the Purple Dragons would do!
5. The portrayal of Karai was so downplayed...she could've the Turtles a run for their money! The next worst thing next to Shredhead!
6. Robo-Shredder suit....ugh no.
7. Whoopi Goldberg's character was kind of a bitch...didn't even give April a chance. Just fired her...
Well that's all from for the moment. Like it or hate it, the TMNT movie shows some potential in my book. I give it a 5 out of 10. Hope you guys enjoyed. Eli out.